One of the greatest treats during the holiday season is the chance to see and catch up with visiting friends and family! However, as we welcome friends and family into our homes, we sometimes forget that they may be bringing things that are dangerous to our furry family members with them.
As pet owners, we know to keep our medications, vitamins, and treats like chocolate out of reach of our furry family. But friends and family may not be aware of the dangers that these items pose to the pets in our homes. Many of our favorite food treats are poisonous to our pets, and medications (including supplements) can cause extreme harm to our pets if ingested. And with the increase in the number of supplements available in delicious gummy flavors, there are even more tempting treats for Fluffy and Fido to get into!
Guests may unwittingly leave medications or treats where our furry loved ones can access them, like in their purse or thrown in the box of presents they set on the floor. To protect your furry loved ones and avoid a potentially heart breaking (not to mention expensive) trip to the local pet ER, make sure you:
For more information, check out the most recent Toxin Tails from the Pet Poison Helpline here.