It's time again!
Animal Care Foundations annual costume contest! Arguably one of the best times of the year, share your adorable pets, whether it's a dog, cat, rat, horse, snake, worm, we want to see it! Not to mention that if you enter, you get the chance to win a $50 amazon gift card! Keep reading to see details on how to enter! Voting starts October 27th so be sure you send us your photos before then!
1. Take a picture of your pet in their costume, (or a picture of them from a previous year we won’t know)
2. Go to either Animal care foundations Facebook or instagram on your phone or computer
3. Go to your direct messages in either FB or Instagram by pressing the message icon.
4. Type a message to us telling us you would like to enter the contest with the picture of your pet attached, don’t forget to include their name!
How to share Costume Contest with Others
Who doesn't love the most classic duo of all time?
The angel-devil duo look is perfect for households with two pets, and fitting for your different pet’s personalities! This costume look easily comes to life with various red and white accessories of your choosing. Depending on the squirminess of your pet you can modify, customize, and or personalize your costumes.
Looking to challenge your group this spooky season? Get the whole family or group involved with Monsters Inc! While this costume may require the most work, it’s the perfect way to include everyone. The options and variety for this look are infinite; feel free to reference examples online or dare to take your own twist on Monsters Inc.
The key to dressing up a squirmy pet is simple- just add wings! One-item costumes are great because they're simple, cute, easily adjustable and removable. Wing costumes can include bats, butterflies, bumblebees, or any other winged creature (real or imagined).
The main thing to remember while putting together your costumes is keep it simple and keep it enjoyable! Costumes are intended to be fun; with any of these looks, you’re guaranteed an affordable yet paw-fect look. Feel free to play into your pet’s personality and most importantly, embrace the spookiness of the season!
Written by: Gracie Butler
We will be celebrating on October 27th from 4:30-9:30 pm at Lakes & Legends Brewing in Minneapolis! (1368 Lasalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403)
$1.00 from every pint purchased throughout the night will go to support the Animal Care Foundation! We will have a pet costume contest, some free snacks, a food truck, raffle drawings, and a $50 Amazon gift card door prize!
All Night Events:
- ACF Scavenger Hunt (Completed form enters you for the Door Prize Drawing)
-Take a photo of your costumed pet and enter our Virtual Pet Costume Contest
-Snacks from 5:30-8:00 (or until we run out)
-Food Truck (Pharaoh's Gyros Food Truck)
-Raffle Tickets for Sale until 8:25
6:30 - Raffle Drawing
7:00 - Pet Costume Contest (Audience will select the winner)
7:30 - Raffle Drawing
8:30 - Raffle Drawing
Updated information can be found on our website here or you can add the event on Facebook by clicking here.
1. Share your pets costumed photo with us between now and Thursday October 27th through:
- A DM on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AnimalCareFoundationMN),
- A DM on Instagram (www.instagram.com/animal_care_foundation_mn/), or
- An Email at email@example.com.
2. Include your pet's name, approximate age, and favorite toy/activity.
3. Ask your friends and family to vote for your monster/alien/ghost on Facebook and Instagram from October 28th-31st. To vote, they simply like the photo of your pet. They can vote on both platforms.
4. Check in to see the winner as you chow down on your left over candy November 1st.
First Place: $10 Caribou Gift Card and your pet will be featured on our Facebook and Instagram pages and our blog.
Second Place: Your pet will be featured on our Facebook and Instagram pages and our blog.
Third Place: Bragging rights.
Animal Care Foundation
Providing elderly and disabled community members access to veterinary care for their beloved pet.
Veterinary Professional CE
Ways To Support